27 September 2012
Rowan Pennington-Benton recently gave a seminar on Credit Hire.
The talk covered:
- Summary of principles on credit hire and mitigation
- Recent issues:
- Interest on credit hire damages (Pattni v First Leicester)
- Spot hire evidence and comparables (Bent v Allianz)
- Cancellation of Contracts Regulations (Wei v Cambridge; W v Veolia)
- Defendant’s insurer’s offer of a free car (Copley v Lawn; Sayce v TNT)
- Tips and tactics:
- Obtaining favourable court directions
- Tactics for cases of delay
- Tips on witness and spot hire evidence
- Recoverable and non-recoverable items
Should you be interested in booking this seminar for your firm, please contact us.
The hand-outs to the seminar can be downloaded here.